When my 6 year old son asks “what’s for dessert Mummy?” and we’ve just had a roast chicken dinner, who am I to just give him plain vanilla ice cream for dessert? Right? That would just be cruel. I had to satiate this poor little guy’s appetite with a nice tummy warming pudding but couldn’t be bothered mixing and baking a full size pudding. (And besides, I would just eat the bloomin’ lot!)
You’ve all seen the recipe for the chocolate cake in a mug? Well, this is an actual self saucing pudding. A quick search and I found a recipe for this 30 second pudding in a mug. I’m not sure if its a help or a hindrance. I certainly don’t need to know any 30 second recipes for rich chocolate gooeyness. But as a public service, I’m here to share it with you, my lovely readers. You’re welcome!
I used your regular sized coffee mug to allow for mixing and spluttering in the microwave. Its so, so easy. Just a matter of spooning in flour, cocoa, sugar and milk. Topping with a sprinkling of cocoa and brown sugar and then some hot water. Zap in the microwave for 30 seconds (although mine needed 40 seconds) and tip out into a bowl. The sauce is sitting at the bottom of the cup.
As you can see in the top photo, I served my son’s in a bowl with a few banana chips. Me? I couldn’t wait. I just spooned ice cream into the mug. Your dessert dilemma is sorted.
30 second Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding in a Mug
(adapted by recipe found here)
- 1 heaped tablespoon self raising flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- 1 and a half tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Mix together self raising flour, cocoa, sugar and milk in a coffee mug (or other small microwave proof jug).
- Sprinkle on top extra cocoa and brown sugar and carefully pour on hot water.
- Cook in microwave for 30 seconds. (Mixture should be combined and cooked. If undissolved cocoa exists, zap for an extra 10 seconds.)
- Pour into a bowl or add ice cream or cream to the cup.
If you like easy to make sweet treats that only use basic pantry ingredients and are made without using thermometers or complex steps, check out my Best & Easiest Homemade Sweets ebook. You’ll find easy fudge recipes that only require melting a bit of butter in the microwave or no cooking involved at all.
Sign Up Now for my FREE Ebook!
Change the way you keep house, organise your life and learn how to avoid impulse buys so you can live a rich life. Get my FREE Ebook "How to Live a 'Royal' Life on Very Little Income".
Latest posts by Anne Murphy (see all)
- 7 ways to improve your home life - February 16, 2018
- How to add luxury to your home without the expense - February 9, 2018
- What was in the February 2018 Domestic Goddess Subscription Box - February 8, 2018