If you need to bake a lot of cookies at once or want to make up a HUGE bulk cookie dough recipe to bake some now and freeze , this recipe, I swear is the BEST bulk cookie recipe with only 5 ingredients!
I first heard of a 100+ cookie recipe using condensed milk many years ago and having young children I thought, “wow!”, how convenient. I set about using all the ingredients and was so disappointed with the result. The cookies are really soft. Like seriously, if you want a cookie it should be crunchy, right? If it’s not wouldn’t you just make cake? I never made it again and still can’t believe how it’s still so popular today.
No to be put off, I’d often thought, with just a bit of ‘tweaking’ this recipe could be just right. It obviously has too much self raising flour in it so I adjusted the quantity of self raising flour and added plain flour to the dough and they were spot on.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can make them all plain or you can divide the dough up and add whatever other flavours you like. So you could have 30 chocolate chip cookies, 30 peanut butter and 30 coconut cookies, all made at once. The other great thing is you can bake all of the dough at once and freeze some cookies for later on or bake some of the cookies now and freeze the dough later. There is also no eggs used in this recipe so if you want to make cookie dough for ice cream, for example, this is a beautiful recipe.
Melt the butter, add the sugar and add a can of condensed milk.
Add both types of flour and mix thoroughly. (I highly http://www.asianwomenforum.com/user__profile~logins_key__33143.html suggest adding any powdered flavouring with the flour at this stage. I added chocolate malt drink powder once the dough had been made and it was hard to incorporate. The same goes for cocoa. It can be added once the dough has been made but the cookies may appear ‘mottled’.)
Divide your dough into as many different bowls as you’re going to flavour your cookies. I was planning on a Nutella Choc Chip, Peanut Butter and Choc Malt.
As mentioned previously, when you add a powder (the above is choc malt drink powder) to an already made dough, the end result may be mottled. It doesn’t detract from the flavour of the cookie whatsoever and my kids didn’t mind at all.
Nutella Choc Chip
The Nutella Choc Chip flavour were a huge hit. You can add the choc chips (or chunks in my case) or leave them out.
My absolute favourite, without a doubt, hand on heart were the Peanut Butter flavoured cookies. I swear, these were the best flavoured, best textured cookies I have ever eaten or made (and I’ve made and eaten quite a few over the years). If only my daughter ate peanut butter otherwise I’d make over 100 of these every time. There were very much like a shortbread consistency but still crunchy.
When you need over 100 cookies in a hurry
If you’ve ever made the 100+ cookie recipe using condensed milk before and were disappointed with the texture, like me, please give this recipe a go. It will soon become your favourite ‘go to’ recipe for making bulk cookies. This is a great recipe for bake sales, fetes, fairs, school canteens, catering, filling lunch boxes, filling the freezer with either baked cookies or cookie dough.
- 500gm butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- Mix the melted butter, sugar and condensed milk until well combined.
- Add both the self raising flour and plain flour and mix well.
- Divide dough into the number of different flavour combinations you will make.
- Add flavours.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or dessertspoon) roll mixture into balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Press down slightly with the bottom of a glass or a fork. (Biscuits won't spread very much.)
- Bake in 180 deg C oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wrap any unused dough into a log shape and wrap in plastic wrap.
- When ready to bake, defrost and slice dough and put on baking tray and bake as per above.
- - chocolate (add cocoa to flour)
- - chocolate chip/chunks
- - sultana
- - peanut butter
- - caramel candy and salt
- - dried apple & cinnamon
- - coconut
- - nuts
- - grated citrus zest
- - sprinkles
- - M&Ms
- - other chopped candy
- - Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- - Nutella and other nut spreads
- - bake in a mini muffin tray and create cookie cups (fill with desired filling)
- - mashed banana or other fruits and vegetables
- - breakfast cereal like weetbix, cornflakes or rice krispies
- - ginger (powdered or crystallised)
- - Spiced: cinnamon, nutmeg, powdered ginger
- - Orange and cardamom
- - Lemon and White Chocolate Chip
- - Key Lime: Lime and Coconut
- - Dip some or all of the cookie into melted chocolate
Sign up via email.
Sign up via email and receive my FREE ebook "How to Live a Royal Life on Very Little Income").
Latest posts by Anne Murphy (see all)
- How to Organise Deep Drawers - September 20, 2017
- Woolworths or Coles Mud Cake Hacks – Over 20 different ideas - September 18, 2017
- How to do without - September 15, 2017